At Lauterbach Garfinkel Damast & Hollander, LLP, we are proud of our longstanding reputation for reliability and efficiency. Our attorneys are committed to providing the quality of legal services associated with large law firms while providing the responsiveness and efficiency of a smaller boutique firm.
Our experienced attorneys offer decades of knowledge and experience. Our representation is characterized by individualized client attention, with a focus on practical results, tax minimization and the client's bottom line, complemented by access to a network of affiliated professionals. Our attorneys concentrate our practice in the following areas:
- Corporate and Business - including business formation and organizational structuring with a focus on tax consequences; shareholder, membership and partnership agreements; corporate buyouts and the purchase and sale of corporate assets; mergers and acquisitions; business financing, lines of credit and asset based financing; and role as general counsel.
- Commercial Litigation - representing businesses of all sizes in a variety of industries in a broad range of litigated commercial and civil disputes before all New York State Courts, Federal Courts, arbitration panels and mediators.
- Real Estate and Banking - representing developers, owners and investors in the purchase, finance, development and sale of commercial real estate; commercial landlords and tenants in negotiating and drafting lease agreements; homeowners in the purchase and sale of residential real estate; lenders in connection with loan originations, loan restructuring and the acquisition of non-performing instruments and borrowers in all forms of banking and financing transactions, including mortgage loans, construction loans, mezzanine financing and private equity capital.
- Trusts and Estates - representing clients in their estate planning needs and elder law needs, with an emphasis on retention of assets, estate/capital gains tax planning, medicaid eligibility and business succession, utilizing a variety of trusts, gifting techniques, discounted installment sales and inter-family agreements.
- Estate Administration and Surrogate's Court Proceedings - representing individual and institutional clients appointed as executors, administrators or trustees in the performance of their fiduciary obligations, preparation of Federal and New York State estate tax and fiduciary income tax returns, representing estate beneficiaries and other claimants in all types of litigation, including will contests, contested fiduciary accountings, asset discovery proceedings, kinship proceedings, spousal right of election proceedings and will construction proceedings.
Click here to view or obtain a copy of The Guide to New York State and Inheritance Law.
Our attorneys extend maximum availability and responsiveness to clients in matters large and small. We listen carefully and research exhaustively in order to provide valuable advice geared to accomplishing our client's goals. We regularly update our clients on the status of their matters and address all questions and concerns in a prompt and responsive manner.